Here, there is snow and a host of places where you can experience ice fishing. Ice fishing, or ice fishing, is a very distinctive experience in our winters. Live an immersive experience from A to Z where you will catch your fish in an ice hut.
Awesome, unique: there are no words to describe the magnificent Saguenay Fjord. See it from a different angle by fishing on its frozen surface! A variety of quality and edible fish await you for an ice fishing trip that you will remember for a long time. The Saguenay Fjord, with its deep salt water, will allow you to catch extraordinary fish such as redfish, turbot and cod.
It is possible to rent a cabin as well as the services of a guide.
Sites where you can ice fish on the fjord:
- La Baie des Ha! Ha! (Saguenay)
Auberge Aventure Rose-des-Vents offers hut rental and full equipment.
Ice fishing on Lake Saint-Jean :
On the Lac Saint-Jean side of the lake, there is no defined site for ice fishing. People can therefore call on companies such as Aventure Lac Saint-Jean, which offers guided excursions starting from the Village sur glace de Roberval.
Otherwise, throughout the season, the Village sur Glace de Roberval and the Village Boréal de Saint-Félicien are ideal places to enjoy the fresh air with your family in a warm atmosphere and with a wide variety of outdoor activities.
To experience ice fishing, remember this:
- Dress warmly
- You will be able to rent equipment
- You do not need a fishing license to fish on the Saguenay Fjord.
- You will need a fishing license to fish on any other lake in the area.
- You can combine the experience with accommodation, a package
- You may be accompanied by an experienced guide for novices.
- The ice fishing season begins in mid-January and ends in early March.