Here, there is a lot of places where you can experience ice fishing. Ice fishing is a very distinctive experience in our winters. Live an immersive experience from A to Z where you will catch your fish in a cabin on the ice.
Discover the region from another angle by fishing on its many frozen surfaces! A variety of quality and edible fish await you for an ice fishing trip you will remember for a long time. Ice fishing is practiced mainly on the Saguenay Fjord and lake Saint-Jean, but also in some of the region's zecs.
Some packages even offer you the chance to rent a cabin as well as the services of a guide.
The Saguenay Fjord, with its deep salt water, will allow you to catch fish species found in fresh water as well as in the sea. There are about sixty varieties of fish in the Saguenay Fjord, but the ones that bite most often are smelt, redfish, turbo or Greenland halibut and Arctic cod.
From morning to night, you will enjoy fishing on the ice of the fjord in the company of friendly people full of energy. Being able to taste the catch of the day - in winter - is unforgettable.
Ice fishing in the Saguenay, La Baie borough
Les Glaces du Fjord is two ice fishing villages built on the icy waters of the majestic Saguenay Fjord.
Starting in mid-January, 1,200 colorful cabins take place on the icy waters of Baie des Ha! Ha! and the Anse-à-Benjamin and Grande-Baie sites are transformed into an incredible ice fishing kingdom.
The Saguenay Fjord, with its deep salt water, will allow you to fish for more than sixty fish such as redfish, turbot and Atlantic cod.
For a successful ice fishing experience, it is essential to deal with a certified company. Many offer Cabin rentals and guiding services for a safe and supervised outing.
Here are the companies to discover this winter :
Nicknamed "the pearl of the fjord", this village is part of the Association of the most beautiful villages of Quebec. In winter, ice fishing on the fjord brings together its share of enthusiasts.
Auberge Aventure Rose-des-Vents offers cabin rentals and complete equipment.
Soak up the immensity of Lac Saint-Jean and admire its splendor in winter as it transforms into a veritable desert of ice.
Ice fishing is a popular activity to have fun in the snowy season. On lake Saint-Jean, you can fish species such as walleye, perch and pike. There is no specific site for ice fishing. You can rent a cabin and all the necessary equipment from several experienced companies. Some of them even offer escort services. Here are some suggestions:
- Aventure Lac Saint-Jean offers guided excursions from the Roberval Ice Village
- Domaine des Trois îles îles allows you to practice ice fishing in the comfort of a fishing cabin less than 300 meters from your lodging
- Vacances Vauvert offers the rental of heated fishing huts, equipped, for a day or a half-day
- Pourvoirie Damville offers complete accompaniment packages for a comfortable experience
Every winter, a real ice fishing village takes shape on the ice of Lake Kenogami. More than a hundred cabins give life to this fishing village. The result of the work of the Association des cabanes à pêche de Lac-Kénogami.
To experience ice fishing, remember this:
- Dress warmly
- You can rent equipment
- You do not need a fishing permit to fish on the Saguenay Fjord
- You will need a fishing permit to fish on any other lake in the region
- You can combine the experience with lodging (some offer packages)
- You can be accompanied by an experienced guide
- The ice fishing season begins in mid-January and ends in early March