Taking advantage of the cold winter weather to go on an expedition on your motorized vehicle is a feeling of freedom and ecstasy that you won't forget!
Snowmobiling is one of the most popular hobbies when the snow accumulates in the Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean region. The trails, accommodations, and restaurants offer you incredible experiences that make many people come from far and wide to ride the snowmobile trails of our beautiful region.
Many of the trails are maintained so that snowmobilers can live an extraordinary experience. There are a few good things to know to live an incredible experience that increases tenfold from year to year. There are a few good things to know to live an invigorating and winter experience that will remain engraved in your memory forever.
There are 13 snowmobile clubs in the region covering 3,794 km of trails, which is no small feat to say that our beautiful region is a true snowmobile paradise!
Main trails of the region :
- 23 in Alma (north) and Réserve faunique des Laurentides (south)
- 93 in Chibougamau (North), Monts-Valin and Sacré-Coeur (South)
- 83 in Ferland (east), Saguenay and Sainte-Hedwidge (west)
- 383 near L'Anse-Saint-Jean
- 328 in Sainte-Rose du Nord
- 373 in Roberval
Snowfall in the Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean region lasts about 5 months; therefore, from mid-November to mid-April, it is possible to see snow in our beautiful region. The snowmobile season can therefore last a very long time for recreational enthusiasts.
Good to know: access rates 2020-2021
To access the snowmobile trails, you must have trail access rights. Some fees are for the year, others are daily and some are for equipment rentals.
- 340$ for an annual trail pass purchased on or before December 9, 2020
- 420$ for an annual access fee purchased after December 9, 2020
- 640$ for an annual trail pass sold on trails*.
- 260$ for an annual access fee for antique snowmobiles (2001 and older snowmobiles)
- 220$ for a 7-day access fee
- 135$ for a 3-day access fee
- 65$ for a 1 day access fee
- 580$ for a rental snowmobile access fee
Access rights are sold online by the FCMQ (La Fédération des Clubs de Motoneigistes du Québec).
Rent a snowmobile
Take full advantage of our beautiful region by combining discoveries and adventures aboard a snowmobile that you can rent.
Discover the different places to rent a snowmobile in the region.
Tip: Trails 2.0
The iMotoneige application is ideal for providing you with the trails where you want to go and the location of all the businesses listed in the FCMQ's service guide.
Download the application on your phone, in addition to guiding you on each trail, you'll bring a communication tool if you need it! A great way to combine business with pleasure and to stay safe!
See snowmobile trail conditions
For trail conditions, consult the snowmobile club websites. Knowing the conditions is essential for a safe and fun outing, depending on the trail(s) you choose, check the conditions for conditions, snowfall and more.
- Club Caribou-Conscrits
- Club Saguenay
- Club motoneige du Fjord
- Lac-Saint-Jean Snowmobile Club
- Club Passe-Partout Roberval
- Club Les Loups du Nord La Doré
- Chapais Snowmobile Club
- Club Auto-Neige Chibougamau
Although all our trails are worthy of mention, some snowmobile attractions remain classic in the Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean region.
- The Monts-Valin Massif (trail 328)
- The Mont-Apica relay and observatory in the Laurentian Wildlife Reserve (trail 23)
- Ice village of Roberval (trail 373)
- Ice fishing at La Baie, Rivière-Éternité and L'Anse-Saint-Jean (trail 383)