Here, there is snow and powder to accompany all the skiing experiences to be had in the region. In Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean, skiing is synonymous with snowy mountains, fun, marked trails and experiences rich in diversity. There is no shortage of experiences with all the variations of this sliding sport.
Come and try downhill skiing in one of our magnificent regional mountains, explore the cross-country ski trails or discover a unique experience with the haute-route ski.
Here, there is snow and a border of beautiful powder snow for skiing. In Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean, skiing is synonymous with snowy mountains 6 months a year, fun, natural snow, glades, elevation gain and family experience. You won't get tired of skiing down the slopes of Valinouët, Mont-Édouard, Mont Lac-Vert or the Tobo-Ski Club before going for a well-deserved après-ski ride.
Here, downhill skiing is an invigorating experience that starts at 9am and often ends around a good dinner in good company in a rented chalet. We have fun on the mogul slopes, we explore the glades, we admire the panoramas on the chairlift and we don't fail to work on our technique in the powder snow.
To go alpine skiing, remember this:
- It is necessary to dress warmly
- You will be able to rent equipment in all the ski resorts
- There are tracks for all levels from the most beginner to the most advanced.
- You'll never run out of breathtaking views aboard the chairlifts.
Here, there is snow and a well-maintained trailside where you can go cross-country skiing. In Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean, cross-country skiing is a multitude of groomed trails in municipal parks, ski resorts, national parks, clubs and centers.
On classic or skating skis, you can admire the beauty of our forests on trails offered for all levels. Cross-country skiing is a sport ideally practiced in temperatures not exceeding -15 degrees Celsius.
To cross-country ski, remember this:
- You must dress appropriately - Clothing that is not too warm, that breathes and that will allow you to move around easily.
- Equipment rentals are available at most trail locations - ask for details!
- There are trails for all levels, from short walks in the forest to hikes lasting several hours.
Here, there is snow and powder to accompany all the skiing experiences to be had in the region. In Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean, backcountry skiing is synonymous with a unique experience to be lived in Mont-Édouard. Whether it's an independent, guided or discovery formula, enjoy a unique experience of sliding in virgin areas where your thirst for powder is intertwined with a feeling of freedom. Take to the fresh air and wilderness and climb in these sectors on skis equipped with sealskins.
For backcountry skiing, keep this in mind:
- Dress warmly
- You will be able to rent equipment
- You must have a knowledge of alpine skiing
- You'll never run out of amazing views
- You can combine the experience with a high-end roadside accommodation.
- You must be in a certain physical shape